P2A holds full time (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) 4 - 5 week Direct Entry, Pre-Apprenticeship classes, approved by the New York State Department of Labor, that trains and places graduates into Building Trades Union Apprenticeship programs. To date, P2A has held eight classes and has placed over 75 people into a number of different building trades unions, including Laborers, Ironworkers, Plumbers, Electricians, and more.
Our next Direct Entry class will take place in October for residents of certain zip codes in Harlem.
To apply, click HERE.
Direct entry classes are full-time for 5 weeks* and will cover:
- NYC building trades work readiness skills,
- OSHA 30, Scaffold, Flagging certifications,
- Visits to building trades training facilities,
- Math and Reading Comprehension Skills,
- Physical Conditioning and Strength Building
Graduates will be able to interview with many NYC Building Trades,
including the Laborers, Ironworkers, Plumbers, Painters, Electricians, and more.
- High School Diploma or GED/TASC
- Ability to Lift and Carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to Work Outside, in All Weather
- Drug free
- Commitment to Attend All Classes on Time Every Day
- Building Trades Workforce Readiness Training
- Visits to Union Training Centers
- OSHA 30, Scaffold, and Flagger Safety Certifications
- Weekly Stipend
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Interviews with Building Trades Union Apprenticeship Programs
Building Trades Apprenticeships Lead to Solid, Middle Class Careers with Fair Wages,
Health and Retirement Benefits, and the Security of Union Membership
* Classes for residents of NYCHA housing are 4 weeks in length
We are currently holding our first of three classes in Yonkers. We are also planning classes in Harlem and the Bronx for residents in those communities in the coming months. Please check back soon for more information.